Friday, May 1, 2009

What's the hold up?

I live and work in an industry of big talkers and excuse makers. It is also an industry of hurry up and wait folks. I can't tell you the amount of times people (performers) ask for production only to sit on it for months without following through. Don't get me wrong, I understand the creative process, but does it really take that long to get a song done?

My point is why do we have issues following through and finishing? For some of us, we dream so big the dream itself becomes overwhelming and causes us not to act at all. Some just don't know what the first thing is that they should do to move forward. The rest kinda take a 'I'll wait and see what happens', which translates to 'I'll wait to piggyback off of someone else's success if I can'.

Stop waiting for someone to do it for you. Go get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment