Friday, February 13, 2009

Your Passion.

So I got to see Smif n' Wessun perform at Public Assembly in NYC. I also got to see SleepWalkas, Cavalier, and Homeboy Sandman rock (Big up my youts!). I saw the hunger of up-and-coming MCs as well as the mastery of veteran MCs as they performed fan favorites. They all shared a common bond, the passion for what they do. That always keeps the fire in the pit of my stomach burning. How can you not be inspired to move mountains?

My point? Have you lost/found your passion? You know, the love for that something that makes your eyes light up when talk about it? That something you'd do... income or no income?

Some of us may still be on the path to discovery, while others just may have given up on it. A couple of days ago, a friend of mine asked 'do you still have that hunger?' My answer was an emphatic "YES!" My train of thought was "why wouldn't I?"

Success is based on your personal goal(s). I have always been taught to set a goal and execute. What I wasn't told was the execution and eventual completion of that goal was driven by passion. It is this passion that keeps you moving when everybody's telling you "you can't....". It is this passion that gives you strength to endure the steep uphills you've conquered and the even steeper uphills ahead of you.

This Valentine's Day, as we all revel in chocolate and floral arrangements, I challenge you find or rediscover your passion, not just with the person you're with, but within you. 

There's no strength greater than a passionate person.

No comments:

Post a Comment