Friday, March 13, 2009

As Your World Turns.

I think everyone has one time or another come to a turning point or fork in the road. You know that point that you have to make a tough decision or two? How did you handle it? Or did you let the chips fall where they may so you didn't have to deal?

The messed up part of the latter is that a lot of people take that route. My question is... why? Why would you want the world to decide your fate? Granted, we all have to make some tough choices at times, but wouldn't you rather make the choice than have the decision made for you? I think it would be tougher to deal with a conclusion handed to me without allowing me to come to my own decision. Some decisions are just the lesser of two evils.

I believe if you continue to let the world decide what's right for you, you become a shell of what makes you, you. You'll never be happy, truly happy.

No one said this run through life would be easy. Some of us have it much harder than others. But isn't it nice to know that you're in the driver's seat instead of letting someone else floor the pedal for you, only to bail on you before you slam into a brick wall?

As your world turns, know that it's YOUR world. You can shape it and change it, even at its bleakest points.

No comments:

Post a Comment