Friday, March 27, 2009

Brick walls.

You ever been in a figurative car with someone and could see the brick wall coming as the driver continues to floor the gas pedal? Did you say something, did you just bail or did you just brace for impact?

I gotta tell ya, I don't like the feel or taste of metal and glass. I will say something, a couple of times. But when we are about a quarter-mile away from the brick wall and you refuse to listen, I unbuckle the ol' seat belt, unlock the passenger door and tuck and roll.

Stubbornness stems from one feeling like he/she has no control over a situation. You behave stubbornly because you've got it all under control. Counsel is pointless because this is what you want to do. When you want to do it. A little lonely isn't it?

We all have our moments of bull-headed action(s). I think we should get a pass for one or two. But if your life is based in this realm of facade cars and brick walls, then let me apologize now. I will not be riding in your vehicle, as nice and shiny as it may seem. Brick walls are unforgiving at 75mph. Especially the ones we subconsciously construct ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment